Melting, pouring and heat treatment equipment refer to a comprehensive set of machines and systems used for the planning and implementation of complete plant and equipment for melting, pouring and heat treatment of all kinds of metals in foundries. These equipment are also known as metallurgical treatment equipment in the foundry business.
Used for a variety of foundry operations, including metal melting, pouring and heat treatment processes such as annealing, normalizing, hardening and tempering, these equipment address the specific requirements of manufacturers of high grade light metal castings and semi-finished products. They provide high degree of operational flexibility, high throughput, and extensive quality and process documentation capabilities.
With their high power densities and varying operational frequencies, melting, pouring and heat treatment equipment have proved to be a key for cost effective melting operations and high yield.Types
Some of the important types of melting, pouring and heat treatment equipment are -
- Ductile Iron Converters
- Furnace Chargers
- Induction Heating Systems
- Ingot Loaders
- Automatic Ingot Pre-heaters
- Automatic Inhibitors
- Pouring Ladles
- Pouring Equipment
Fields of Application
These different melting, pouring and heat treatment equipment have found to be suitable for different applications, such as -
- Horizontal and vertical continuous casting lines
- High-grade aluminum casting
- Magnesium alloy melting and dosing applications
Some of the advantages of melting, pouring and heat treatment equipment are -
- Complete solutions for the melting, pouring and heat treatment processes.
- Engineering and implementation of complete systems.
- Optimum harmonization of all components.
- Full consideration of environmental protection and equipment safety.